Team Lead - Unlicensed - Behavioral Health
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And were growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, This center exists to help individuals build skills, reclaim hope, and feel supported on their journeys of recovery. Developed in partnership with the State of Oregon Office of Mental Health & Addiction Services, the 72nd Ave Recovery Center offers a new clinical approach, one that is dramatically different than the traditional sub-acute locked facility.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7am -3:30pm (Negotiable)
Days: Monday - Friday
In this entry level management position and under direct supervision of the Clinical Director/Administrator, supervises multidisciplinary teams, coordinates service needs, and collaborates with other services and agencies. Completes assessments and determines the appropriate level of services for new members.
• Master's Degree and 1 year of experience in mental health setting required OR four (4) years of consecutive direct and relevant experience at Telecare program required
• One (1) year supervisory experience required
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues is required
• Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• Outpatient clinic or community mental health service with 2 years of direct clinical service is preferred
• Experience in providing intensive case management, intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts is highly desirable
• MSW, MA, MFTI, RN, or Registered Psychologist is preferred
• Supervision 2 years post masters experience in behavioral health setting is preferred
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Functions as scheduling coordinator and Treatment Plan supervisor for the Team; assures coordination of clinical and administrative team functions including scheduling of staff and members
• Directs the day-to-day clinical/administrative operations of assigned team, assuring all members receive services as indicated in the treatment plan
• Oversees and monitors accuracy of medical records
• Safeguards member confidentiality
• Assists in coaching staff and in ongoing staff development efforts
• Uses person centered approaches and can supervise others in their use
• Understands payer documentation requirements and can supervise others to meet these requirements
• Develops, updates and implements individual service plans
• Partners with leadership to identify and mitigate risk
• Provides clinical supervision using recovery and psych rehab philosophy
• Abides with established policies, procedures and standards of care in accordance with published ACT Standards
• Provides consistent supervision for the purpose of providing support, feedback, clinical consultation, and clear expectations for meeting job standards and promotion of professional growth
• Promotes a high involvement culture by exhibiting an ability to align team around common objectives in order to ensure contract outcomes, ACT fidelity, and organizational standards are met and maintained
• Responsible for ensuring staff documentation, assessments, and paperwork, meet federal, state, county, and organization standards and timelines
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Clinical philosophy and administrative practices must align with and promote Telecare Recovery beliefs, mission, and vision
• Ability to train, empower, and lead staff to embody above elements in daily interactions with colleagues, members, and other service providers
• Thorough understanding the rights of persons served and related legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Excellent driving skills
• Ability to easily build rapport
• Within 3 months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
• Ability to audit progress notes and treatment plan for payer compliance and quality
• Familiarity with stages of change and motivational interviewing
• Within 3 months, ability to apply strength based supervision
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The employee is occasionally required to reach, twist, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, walk, push, pull and do simple grasping of up to 50 pounds and to occasionally drive.
Apply now at www.telecarecorp.com/working-at-telecare/
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency