Requisition # 2017-7325
Department Health Services
Category Health Services
Date Posted 3/30/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
SHARE's purpose is to lead and support campus efforts to address interpersonal violence. The Office provides trauma-sensitive emergency response, intervention, and care to student survivors of sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking. SHARE also works closely with a network of campus and community partners to foster a University environment that is intolerant of abuse, responsive to needs of survivors, and holds perpetrators accountable for their actions. We aim to contribute to a campus culture in which interpersonal violence has no place and our distinctive community of learning is free to flourish.
The Interpersonal Violence Clinician and Men's Engagement Manager (Manager) will provide short-term clinical interventions and victim advocacy, and serve as the prevention specialist focused on mentoring and engaging men. The Manager will develop and implement men's programming initiatives geared toward enhancing awareness and challenging gender stereotypes, increasing the community's understanding of interpersonal violence dynamics, and reducing behaviors that lead to both perpetration and victimization. The Manager will also support the Director's prevention initiatives and assist in the provision of emergency response.
Health Promotion & Education (40%)
- Leads and expands a violence prevention initiative, Men's Allied Voices for a Respectful and Inclusive Community (MAVRIC), promoting an environment for healthy male social development by challenging belief systems and social constructs that contribute to violence and offering alternative options.
- Researches, develops, delivers, and evaluates evidence-informed educational programs directed toward high-risk campus-based populations for primary prevention of interpersonal violence, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking.
- Collaborates with the SHARE Director, other health promotion and student life staff affiliated with diversity centers (e.g., Women's Center, LGBT Center, Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding) in the development of educational outreach and training materials.
- May implement compulsory accountability program for students accused of sexual misconduct under Title IX.
Clinical Care (30%)
- Delivers developmentally appropriate, evidence-informed and trauma-sensitive services to survivors of interpersonal violence and abuse.
- Provides short-term counseling and advocacy to scheduled and walk-in clients.
- Provides suicide risk screening as clinically indicated and makes appropriate referrals to crisis response resources.
- Provides on call coverage, evening and weekend hours throughout the calendar year (shared with other SHARE professional staff).
Leadership / Management (30%)
- Provides vision and leadership for current and new MAVRIC programming.
- Recruits, trains, coaches, mentors, and supervises student peers and/or volunteers who will serve as role models for men-identified students related to the development of healthy relationships and healthy masculinity.
- Leads regularly scheduled MAVRIC conversations and develops social media messaging in partnership with MAVRIC members.
- Masters or doctorate in social work, psychology, women's and gender studies, public health, or related graduate degree
- Possesses clinical license.
- Three or more years of professional experience in a sexual violence-related field (preferably in a college setting).
- Minimum of three years' experience in sexual assault/intimate partner violence education, violence prevention strategies.
- Three or more years' experience with developing and implementing violence prevention and education programs engaging men as prosocial bystanders and allies.
- Proven ability to support survivors in a trauma-informed manner that respects a diversity of experiences across a range of ethnic/racial identities, gender identities, religious affiliation and practices, socioeconomic statuses, and sexual orientations.
- Possesses knowledge about the challenges and privileges of male identity formation and the relationship with violence.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Has demonstrated expertise in and is committed to social justice issues.
- Possesses knowledge about the risk and protective factors that contribute to interpersonal violence.
- Proven record of implementing evidence-informed primary prevention and prevention programming as it pertains to sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking.
- Able to use technology (electronic applications and social media) to effectively reach target audiences.
- Has advanced small and large group facilitation skills.
- Able to balance strong commitment to social justice with a capacity to navigate complex organizational systems.
- Experience in higher education setting.
- Experience working with sexual assault offenders and/or batterers intervention programs.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Knowledge of New Jersey and federal statutes and regulations pertaining to sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking.
- Prior training as a county-based confidential sexual assault and domestic violence victims advocate in New Jersey.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.