Leading the future of health care
Many organizations have a mission statement, we have a calling: to lead the way to a better future for health care. Through our leadership in the use of advanced technology, our creation of innovative solutions, and our influence on health policy and reform efforts, Kaiser Permanente is shaping the future of health care in the nation.
PALLIATIVE CARE PHYSICIAN OPPORTUNITIES
Northern & Central California
We are currently seeking BC/BE Palliative Care Physicians to join our team and drive program development in Northern and Central California. Our Department of Palliative Medicine includes an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, chaplains and social workers and offers robust palliative care services for both adult and pediatric patients across both inpatient and outpatient settings. These are exceptional opportunities to ensure that patients with serious illness and their families live as well and as fully as possible. For both openings, leadership and program development experience is preferred, as is an interest in education, clinical innovation and/or program development.
The Adult opportunities are for openings in Northern California and require physicians with fellowship training in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Weekend calls are rotated among the entire group of physicians, and each physician can expect to cover up to 8 weekend calls/year (9am-5pm).
The Pediatric opportunity will serve as Lead Physician for Pediatric Palliative Care and be based out of our Oakland facility. The schedule is Monday-Friday with no call, and while this is a .7 opening, candidates can moonlight with Pedi HBS shifts to work closer to full time. Must have fellowship training in Pediatric Palliative Medicine.
With The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG), you’ll benefit from:
- A diverse population of both patients and colleagues
- The opportunity to participate in clinical work across a variety of care settings (inpatient, outpatient and community)
- Integrated care coordination across the continuum
- Generous opportunities for ongoing growth and learning
- Collaboration across medical centers, bolstered by a regional peer group
- Access to researchers from Kaiser Permanente’s nationally renowned Division of Research
- The support of TPMG leadership and the recognition of Palliative Care as an integral service and an emerging specialty
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG) is the largest integrated health care system in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers throughout Northern and Central California and an over 65-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
- Competitive Salary
- Mortgage Loan Program (approval required)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- Forgivable Loan Program (approval required)
- Excellent Retirement Plans
For more information on our Adult opportunities, please contact Lisa Holthaus at: Lisa.Holthaus@kp.org or call: (510) 625-5916. For more information on our Pediatric opportunities, please contact Judy Padilla at: Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or call (800) 777-4912. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor