Clinical Director (Licensed)- Community Based Behavioral Health
Clinical Director - Community Based Behavioral Health (Licensed)
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, AgeWise is a community-based program serving older adults. AgeWise serves a maximum of 600 individuals, aged 59+.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: 8am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Friday
To learn more, and to apply, please visit www.telecarecorp.com/jobs
In this mid-level management position and under direct supervision of the Administrator, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination and clinical supervision to multidisciplinary team(s) and/or program(s). Assists Administrator with quality improvement duties.
• Masters or higher degree in Social Services
• Two (2) years post-graduate direct clinical experience in a mental health setting
• One (1) year in leadership role in relevant setting (inpatient or outpatient setting, as appropriate)
• Current licensure/registration as MFT, LCSW, RN, Ph.D./Psy.D. (required)
• Must have experience working with mental health consumers, families and advisory boards
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• If employed at Outpatient Program:
- Ability to evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• In conjunction with the Administrator, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care.
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls clinical services and responsible for administrative functioning of clinical services departments.
• Continually communicates with community partners and customers to ensure the continuity of care for persons served.
• Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships with community partners.
• Oversees documentation by clinical staff and performs audits of Clinical Charts to ensure adherence to State and County Requirements.
• Establishes and maintains a recovery culture and philosophy within the program.
• Promotes and maintains good relationships and communication between departments.
• Aids in creating policies and procedures that address clinical quality and risk.
• Completes incident investigations and summaries for regulatory agencies, as necessary.
• Responsible for regular supervision and evaluations of assigned staff.
• Ensures high quality services are being provided to all persons served.
• Assures facility/program honors the rights of persons served.
• Collaborates with other staff in implementation of corporate initiatives, and other services, as needed.
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities (consult) as needed.
• Ensures treatment adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Ensures complete and accurate records on interventions and consumer behaviors.
• Provides individual/group education and training.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to contribute to policy and procedure development in a matter that addresses clinical quality and risk.
• Understanding of local system of care and how the program fits within it.
• Ability to maintain customer and community partner relations.
• Familiarity with a variety of evidence based practices appropriate to population served.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency