• Assess and reassess social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life care and to help them follow the hospice team’s recommendations to maximize the patient’s quality of life.
• Counsel patients and families concerning financial concerns, life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, care giving issues
• Recognize, identify and utilize community and family resources to assist in maintaining independence and quality of life
• Attend and actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure good coordination of care
• Develop, prepare and maintain individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Offer social service support to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment during end-of-life
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, contribute and support a highly collaborative team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.