Agency: Family Services is a large not-for-profit agency located in Poughkeepsie, NY with a mission to help families and individuals help themselves through direct services, collaboration and advocacy. With a total staff of approximately 200 employees and volunteers, Family Services provided services to over 7000 individuals and families in Dutchess and Ulster Counties in 2016. Family Services provides services to youth, family, and crime victims through a number of programs. Family Services’ is located in and maintains the Family Partnership Center which houses over 15 not-for-profit agencies offering a number of different services the community.
Program: The Relapse Intervention for Sex Crimes (RISC) program is a community-based treatment program for adult male and female sex offenders and non-offending family members to address sexual offending behavior. RISC follows the “Practice Standards and Guidelines” of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA). This program is part of Dutchess County’s overall approach to managing sex offenders living in the community; to keep the community safe by reducing sex offender recidivism through intensive supervision and sex offense-specific treatment.
Function: As the RISC Supervisor, the clinician oversees all aspects of the program.
- To provide clinical supervision for social workers providing direct client services
- To retain supervisory responsibility for direct reports (i.e. reviewing and signing their documentation, signing pay sheets and authorizing leave time.)
- Facilitate individual supervision meetings and team meetings
- Clinical assessment and treatment of sex offenders
- Clinical assessment and treatment of non-offending relatives
- Case management
- To maintain program documentation as required
- To represent the agency as needed in the community (i.e. serving on committees, making presentations on our programs, and so forth.)
- To participate in agency clinical meetings, team meetings and staff meetings as well as participate in in-service training.
- Maintain agency documentation as required
- Ongoing communication with referral sources
- Attend trainings, conferences, and workshops
- Provide court testimony
- Program development
- Other duties as assigned
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours/week. Must be available to work a minimum of two evenings per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Family Services offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pension plan and 403(b) retirement plan
- Group term life and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal time
- Supplemental insurance through AFLAC
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.