To apply: Please visit our website www.uw.edu and apply for Requisition # 142068 or contact email@example.com
The University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) in Seattle, Washington, is among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017 "America's Best Hospitals", and UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions.
UW Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Director of the Social Work & Care Coordination Department. This individual provides the vision, leadership, and administrative direction to the department, emphasizing service excellence, patient safety, staff safety, financial responsibility and organizational integration. The Director will oversee the Social Work and Care Coordination Department with its 67 staff members, to assure alignment with and adherence to the organization’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business strategies, leading the department in overall program development and service priority planning, implementation, supervision, and service evaluation.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Social Work and Care Coordination Department through a collaborative strategic planning process.
- Ensure department’s role in capacity management for the hospital, including best practices for care transitions and management of discharge barriers.
- Oversee the department’s program for training social work students including curriculum and program development, clinical supervision, and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with the accreditation standards of the JCAHO, Washington State Administrative Code, Medicare, and all other accrediting or licensing agencies.
- Ensure the delivery of safe, effective and efficient quality of care to persons served at UWMC.
- Administratively direct, coordinate and effectively manage the operational and capital budgets for Social Work and Care Coordination.
- Hire, supervise and effectively manage the personnel for Social Work and Care Coordination, which includes social work staff, nurses, and support staff.
- Assume a leadership role in the community to promote institutional objectives for public sector services.
- Collaborate and support Medical Staff in the development of educational and research programs.
- Consult and collaborate on a regular basis with UWMC Directors and Managers.
- Ensure an effective continuous quality improvement system.
The Director manages all interdepartmental activities as applicable to social work and care coordination both internal and external to the Medical Center, including department assigned personnel regardless of source of funding.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.