This individual ensures the quality of care provided for foster children placed with California Family Life Center. This individual ensures that foster children receive maximum opportunities for development and growth. This individual is concerned with the delivery of a constellation of services to foster children; e.g., clothes, food, furnishings, recreation, safety, school, and transportation.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field
- Experience in working with county and state agencies
- Experience in case management with children and adolescents
- All minimum CFLC employment qualifications
- Completion of Initial Summary within thirty (30) days after the placement of a foster child with California Family Life Center.
- Completion of Quarterly Reports every ninety (90) days after the placement of a foster child with California Family Life Center.
- Completion of Assessment of Needs and Emergency Information form for each foster child on assigned caseload within thirty (30) days after the placement of a foster child with California Family Life Center.
- Completion of Quarterly home inspections.
- Contact with placing agency representatives to maintain clear and open communication regarding foster children and their progress.
- Contact with primary caregiver(s) to arrange for visitation and to facilitate the transition from foster care to residing with the primary caregiver(s).
- Coordination of therapeutic services through the county mental health system including but not limited to therapy and the provision of psychotropic medications prescribed by a psychiatrist.
- Coordination of information for documentation of the delivery of services, e.g., weekly visits to the foster home, relevant reports such as Incident Report’s and foster home reviews.
- Provision of foster parent training for prospective and active foster homes.
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings / staff meetings, either individually or group.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Frequently sit, look down, turn neck, walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, twist, squat, kneel, climb stairs; occasionally carry, push, pull and lift 25-50 pounds with force; frequently grasp or manipulate materials, equipment and supplies (including computer keyboard/mouse); continuously use seeing, hearing and speaking.