The Invo-Progressus Team is currently seeking full-time, Social Workers, LMHC’s, LMFT’s and associated interns in Reno, NV and Las Vegas, NV to start immediately. As the nationwide leader in school-based and early intervention services, the Invo-Progressus Team offers careers rich with rewards – both personally and professionally! Make a difference in the lives of children – join the Progressus team today! Call 813-549-5834 today to speak with Don Madock, Director of Career Services. $1500 referral bonus offered.
- Identify problems in a child’s living situation (home, school, and community) that may affect the child’s adjustment, ability, and attendance in the educational setting.
- Conduct home visits and meet with families regularly.
- Develop and facilitate weekly support groups and provide students with strategies to cope with and overcome challenges impacting school performance.
- Help to ensure parents’ understanding of District decisions, policies, and procedures. Identify, mobilize, and coordinate school and community resources to enable students to learn as effectively as possible in the educational setting.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and techniques in the areas of mental health and human behavior to parents and school team members.
- Develop and implement parent support groups and activities.
- Attend and participate in department meetings, in-services, and trainings.
- Plan, conduct, and participate in educational workshops and presentations.
- May serve as a member of school teams and1 provide information related to planning for the educational needs of children.
- Perform other duties related to the position, as assigned.
- Eligible licensed a) school social workers, b) school nurse, c) school psychologist (d) school counselor with Bachelor of Science in social work, psychology, or human services (e) or licensed teacher with Bachelor of Science in social work, psychology, or human services.
- Possess working knowledge of behavior management principles including data collection and analysis.
- Possess working knowledge of community-based mental health services and mental health providers within Clark County.
- Possess a working knowledge of mental health diagnoses and potential behavioral manifestations.
- Demonstrate cultural competence. Effective oral and written communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills to work with various groups such as other team members, school-based intervention teams, hospital treatment teams, and families.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities with respect to planning, developing, and implementing transition services and supports for students.
- Possess a current license issued by the Board of Examiners for Social Workers; a master’s degree in Social Work from a university that has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and, must have a valid license issued from the Nevada State Department of Education as a K-12 School Social Worker.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Knowledge and successful experience working with diverse student populations.
- Completed three years of successful experience as a social worker or other mental health professional.
- Competitive compensation with flexible pay options
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Plan for medical and dependent coverage
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Licensure reimbursement
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Professional membership stipend
401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with a discretionary company match