Description: Under supervision of the Assistant Clinical Director, Behavioral Health (BH) Clinicians provides a combination of clinical, case management and emergency mental health services.
Clinical Services and Documentation
Emergency Mental Health Services
Other duties as assigned.
JAMHI Employee Expectations:
- Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
- Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
- Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
- Consistently notifies supervisor of work absences within the appropriate time frames.
- Protects client privacy when performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
- Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
- Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
- Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
- Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
- Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
- Knows Emergency procedures, including proper response protocol.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs.
JAMHI Pledge of Quality:
Commitment: In order to continuously improve in everything we do, we welcome, accept and act upon constructive feedback from any source.
Dedication: In order to fulfill our dedication to helping others, we work together and support each other – always.
Integrity: We keep the promises we make. We do not promise what we cannot do.
Accountability: We hold ourselves and each other accountable and responsible for our actions. WE do not look the other way. Measurements and time frames guide our progress.
Responsibility: We ALL accept responsibility to make a difference in meeting the needs of our co-workers, the customer and the community. We are ALL responsible for solutions to problems.
Recognition: We acknowledge each other’s successes. We find joy in what we do daily.
Respect: We treat each other in a dignified, friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times.
Communication: We respectfully Speak, Listen and Respond to ALL individuals. We do not make assumptions. We confirm the message sent is the one received.
Team Work: We have our expectations in order to help each other succeed in our daily responsibilities. This is the success of our organization, and the success of our clients.
- Provide mental health emergency services within the catchment area for individuals with acute emotional or psychiatric crisis through; Emergency Assessment, Emergency Referrals, and Crisis Intervention follow-up.
- Participation in on-call rotation for 24-hour emergency response coverage to the community.
- Perform clinical intake assessments, functional/psychosocial assessments, diagnostic evaluations and formulate recommendations for appropriate mental health, or other, necessary services.
- Carry a caseload and insure adequate support toward recovery, maintenance in the community, psychosocial development and skills education.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with co-occurring disorders.
- Develop individualized treatment plans with each client to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the court and case record
- Act as behavioral health professional on treatment teams for assigned cases.
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy in accordance to individualized treatment plans.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent housing placement in the community including meal preparation, financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals: including, but not limited to Rainforest Recovery Center, Physicians, GHS, Bartlett Regional Hospital, SEARHC, REACH, job coaching, LCCC, court orders and Probation, etc.
- Attend all treatment team meetings and other required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.