On behalf of Medical City Children’s Hospital located in Dallas, TX, MillicanSolutions, the national leader in pediatric physician and executive search for children’s hospitals, is pleased to inform you of a national search for candidates for the Director of Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care.
Medical City Children’s Hospital has an unwavering focus on patient care and offers world-renowned excellence in comprehensive pediatric services. A 156-bed specialized children’s hospital with specialists in virtually every pediatric subspecialty, Medical City Children’s Hospital is the only facility in north Texas where fetal diagnosis, maternal, neonatal and pediatric transport, high risk delivery stabilization in the Level IV NICU, corrective surgery, state of the art postoperative monitoring and care and long term follow-up of patients with complex congenital heart disease can all be delivered under one roof.
Medical City Children’s Hospital is committed to securing a leader whose professional, social, and economic interests would lend themselves to a long-term, cultural fit within the institution, the medical staff, and the community.
Other Programmatic Highlights:
- Well established Congenital Heart Surgery Program led by Eric Mendeloff, MD. 350+ cases performed annually which includes 30% neonatal and 58% under the age of 2-years.
- All outcomes exceeding STS benchmarks with overall cardiac surgery mortality from inception of program in 2003 through 2015 at 1.9%.
- Committed to a 2-surgeon program, Dr. Mendeloff will be joined by Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Dr. Felix Tsai, in the Spring of 2017. Dr. Tsai completed his Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery training in 2006 at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- The 18-bed independent Congenital Heart Surgery Unit (CHSU) accommodates around 600 children annually and is immediately adjacent to the Pediatric OR and Cardiac Catheterization Suites. All rooms convertible to an OR suite and ECMO room.
- Joining 6-pediatric cardiac intensivists with numerous support staff including AC/PC NP’s, RN’s, social worker, child life specialist, perfusionists, all dedicated solely to the CHSU
- First hospital in north Texas to receive a third re-designation as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing care.
- Preference towards BC/BE in Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Critical Care or boarded in one of these with additional training in Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care. Those with certification in one discipline and solid experience in the alternate subspecialty are encouraged to apply.
- Earning potential above the 90th percentile of MGMA
We would appreciate the opportunity to confidentially discuss this opportunity with you and share in greater detail why we feel it is one of the top positions available nationally. Please contact Marcel Barbey at 682-223-5779 or via email at email@example.com for more information. All inquiries will remain confidential without your prior approval. Medical City Children’s Hospital is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.