Welcome to NASW Joblink - The Social Work Career Center
**Alert** If you received an email purporting to be an “Employment Opportunity” or "Interview Update" asking you to click on a link or download anything from Yahoo, Google, or any other source the email is fraudulent and does not represent any legitimate contact with NASW or any potential employment opportunity with the association.
This position provides patient-centered behavioral health services to adult patients at Barton Community Health Center. The position requires: self-direction, crisis intervention, using evidenced based therapies within professional scope of practice, adherence to W&I Codes and maintaining professional and ethical behavior in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers. At least 60% of work day will be scheduled to provide billable psychotherapy services; the remaining 40% of work day will be directed at crisis intervention, providing social service interventions with patients as requested by medical providers, case management, triaging referrals and maintaining relationships with necessary community agencies.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Provide direct behavioral health services to adult patients, including: diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, evidenced based therapies and crisis evaluation.
Perform evidenced based brief therapies for 8-15 sessions, from intake to discharge.
Thorough documentation of services, completed within a timely manner.
Lead multi-disciplinary team meetings to develop individualized treatment plans that integrate medical care and psychosocial issues impacting patients.
Establish and maintain professional relationships with medical providers, RNs, county agencies and community resources.
Demonstrate strong communication skills in order to effectively coordinate services with collateral resources.
Collaborate with medical providers during patient appointments to provide psychoeducation, crisis intervention and referrals for resources as needed.
Masters in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
Current licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an LCSW in the state of California.
Current CPR/BLS certification by the American Heart Association (BLS for the Healthcare Provider) or ability to obtain prior to start date.
At least 2 years of previous experience providing evidenced based brief therapies and crisis intervention.
Ability to perform Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
Ability to assess suicidal/homicidal risk and other high risk situations (psychosis, drug/alcohol use/intoxication), create safety plans and adherence to W&I code, Section 5150 regulations.
Barton Health is a community-based, not-for-profit, hospital and integrated healthcare system located in beautiful Lake Tahoe, California.
Barton Health has been proudly serving the Lake Tahoe, Carson Valley and surrounding communities for over four decades. Our healthcare system is comprised of a 71-bed acute care facility, 48-bed skilled nursing center, community clinic, urgent care centers..., pediatric, surgical, ENT, internal medicine, rheumatology and family practice groups, as well as home health and hospice services. We are both honored and privileged to not only meet the needs of our local community but to exceed their expectations with consistently exceptional care.