Social Work Manager, Rheumatology
Hospital for Special Surgery
Job ID: 2016-8219
The Social Work Manager, Rheumatology, will be responsible for the strategic direction, planning, and operational oversight of program initiatives related to advancing the highest level of service to this community, in alignment with the strategic goals of the Department of Social Work Programs and the Hospital. The position will manage all aspects of social work services for the Rheumatology Division, including patient care, program planning and evaluation, and multiple leadership roles to address social work needs. Position reports to the Department’s Assistant Director.
Major job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, assess, and intervene with ambulatory care patients seen in our Rheumatology Division, regarding their frequently complex psychosocial needs, in collaboration with the health care team and social work staff.
- Triage and coordinate patient referrals to all departmental social work support programs and community resources.
- Establish strong working relationships with colleagues in the Rheumatology Division, interfacing departments and throughout the Hospital, utilizing a team-centered approach.
- Participate in strategic initiatives and program planning with Rheumatology Division, including social work leadership roles in the Division’s Centers of Excellence.
- Initiate, engage in and manage multiple projects, including clinical care, research, conference presentations and quality improvement initiatives.
- Supervise Rheumatology social worker to insure highest level of performance. Opportunity for graduate social work student supervision.
- Master’s degree in Social Work with LCSW licensure
- Substantive supervisory and management experience with 3+ years in a hospital setting, with specific experience in the area of chronic illness preferred. Major teaching hospital experience is highly desirable.
- Visionary leadership and passion for providing outstanding patient care
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, outcome-driven environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate effective relationships in an interdisciplinary environment
- Exceptional critical thinker with systems-oriented, innovative approach to problem solving in support of the Hospital’s and Department’s mission
- Aspires to contribute to self, colleague and organizational learning
- Superior written and oral communication skills, and ability to be highly organized
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office software
- Experience with participation in qualitative and quantitative research studies in a team-based environment preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York City and online at www.hss.edu
To apply, please visit: https://jobs-hss.icims.com/jobs/8219/social-work-manager%2c-rheumatology/job
HSS is an equal opportunity employer.