Cordilleras – Director of Social Services
To learn more and to apply, please visit http://bit.ly/2iK8OI5
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 80 programs and over 2,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As Part of the Telecare Family, Cordilleras is a licensed 68-bed mental health rehabilitation center (MHRC) and a licensed 49-bed adult residential facility (ARF) called The Suites. Cordilleras primarily serves San Mateo County residents, 18-59, with long histories of mental illness and multiple episodes of acute psychiatric hospitalization.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Director of Social Services plans, implements and directs the Social Services Department which provides casework services to clients and their families. The Director of Social Services will also manage a team of social workers and discharge planners. Additional responsibilities include: coordination of the admission and discharge processes and maintaining a liaison with local hospitals and agencies
• Two (2) years of direct service experience with chronically mentally ill clients and two (2) years of supervisory experience with both professional and non-professional staff in an inpatient or outpatient setting
• A Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or MFCC license from the State of California and a valid California driver's license and insurability
• Two (2) years of prior supervisor/management experience
• Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Social Services Department
• Responsible for the administrative and clinical functioning of the Social Services Department
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and other departments
• Thoroughly understands the legal/conservatorship system and provides inservice training to facility staff as needed
• Coordinates the Utilization Review Committee and assists in the development of associated procedures
• Supervises and coordinates student intern placements within the Social Services Department. Provides leadership and clinical training to the facility staff and interns
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
• Availability to assist at other Telecare facilities which may involve limited travel
• Establishes on-going relationships with local agencies and other resources necessary to effect a continuum of care for clients' returning to the community. In doing so, assists Social Services staff in the assessment of clients' readiness for discharge
• Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the number and classification of personnel to be employed. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Social Services Department
• Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for department personnel
• Coordinates and consults with county Mental Health Services and staff of acute and long term in-patient psychiatric hospitals to facilitate admission and discharge of clients
• Evaluates, by telephone and/or in person, prospective clients for admission. Consults with the department managers as necessary regarding the appropriateness of the admission
• Manages the Social Services Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Ensures that the facility is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Social Services Department and ensures sound practice
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Social Services Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness, the ability to identify symptoms and the severity of illness
• Ability to predict with reasonable accuracy a client's appropriateness and ability to respond to treatment
• Demonstrated ability to develop and write programs and procedures related to the care of the chronically mentally ill client are essential
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to bend, push, pull, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach, twist and do simple and power grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.?
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency