| Bethany Home, the area’s leading senior care facility has an immediate opening for Administrator of Skilled Nursing. |
Job Summary : The Administrator of Skilled Nursing will be a full-time employee that is responsible to the Executive Director for the directing, coordinating, managing and supervising of all activities for the 92-bed Skilled Nursing Facility at Bethany Home. This will include oversight of operations, managing both the income and expense budgets, and working with residents and their families in securing the highest possible quality of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Direct operations of the Nursing Facility to comply with both State and Federal regulations and the Mission Statement.
• Develop Nursing Facility policies, procedures, programs and directs implementation of such.
• Serve as primary liaison with residents, families and the general public.
• Responsible for keeping the occupancy numbers at optimal levels.
• Ensure conformance with annual budget; evaluates, reviews and adjusts to revenue sources.
• Supervise all resident services in the Nursing Facility, including Nursing, Activities, Social Services, Dietary, Laundry, Housekeeping, and Office Staff.
• Monitor all inquiries for admission, manage the waiting list, evaluate the qualifications of applicants, and approve applicants for admission.
• Maintain a high occupancy rate with payor sources to cover annual budget expenses.
• Plan new or expanded programs that meet community needs for geriatric services.
• Stay abreast of health care trends in service and financing.
• Promote the role technology plays in healthcare and oversee its utilization in the nursing department.
• Be available for consultation on matters pertaining to employee personnel concerns and issues.
• Assure functionality, cleanliness and orderliness of the facility, medical equipment and computer equipment.
• Interact with residents, individually or as a group, to discuss concerns, needs and grievances and implement appropriate plans of action.
• Work with other departments in coordinating joint activities, transferring residents and/or conducting other business beneficial to Bethany Home.
• Participate in the formation of the annual operating budget and the capital budget, while also monitoring the monthly financial activity against budget projections.
• Make oral and written reports concerning the operation and needs of the Nursing Facility.
• Be available in person or by telephone for emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
Supervisory Responsibilities Manages five subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 125 plus employees in the Skilled Nursing, Dietary, Housekeeping/Laundry and Activities. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.