San Diego Assisted Outpatient Treatment Program
People with lived experience as users of mental health services are encouraged to apply.
JOB TITLE: Program Administrator
Starting Salary range - $84,200 - $94,700
The purpose of this project is to implement ACT Team services to a caseload of 114 people (200 per year), who have been diagnosed with serious mental illness and have been referred by the In Home Outreach Team (IHOT). Each individual referred is a potential AOT candidate who voluntarily accepts this service, a person with AOT court settlement status, or a person with court ordered AOT status resulting from a contested hearing.
On April 21, 2015, San Diego county Board of Supervisors approved implementation of "Laura's Law" (also known as Assisted Outpatient Treatment ? AOT), a measure that allows courts to order certain mentally ill and violent people into compulsory outpatient psychiatric care. Telecare's extensive experience as a provider of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) services, our excellent long standing working relationships with County stakeholders, and our specific recent experience implementing programs related to Laura's Law all contribute to our enthusiastic interest in this project.
About Telecare: http://www.telecarecorp.com/page3-18/AboutUs
The Program Administrator oversees and coordinates the day-to-day functioning of the Program in accordance with Telecare policies and all applicable State regulations. Using Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles and Recovery Philosophy, provides clinical and administrative supervision, coaching and education for assigned team members with appropriate support to ensure service excellence and courteous, helpful, and respectful services to program consumers.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in management which shall include two (2) or more of the following: staff supervision, fiscal operations, or business administration.
• At least two (2) years of full-time work experience in a community program that serves clients who have a mental illness. Such experience must be in the direct provision of services to clients, of which one (]) year must be in the position of supervising direct care staff.
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage Family Therapist (MFT) or Clinical Psychologist required.
• For Registered Nurses, Bachelor Degree, OR four (4) years additional experience in progressively responsible supervisory/leadership positions in a psychiatric or health care setting is required; with, at least 4 years in community program providing direct services to persons with mental disabilities, of which one (1) year must be in the position of supervising direct care staff, and graduation from high school or possession of a GED may be substituted.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Necessary skills include knowledge and experience in a county mental health system of care, familiarity with functions of an ACT team, strong management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong knowledge of labor relations.
• Experience in co-occurring disorder services preferred. Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
• Must possess a valid drivers license, proof of insurance, and receive motor vehicle record clearance.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
• Plans, organizes and directs the overall Clinical and Administrative operation of the Program.
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff.
• Evaluates and implements recommendations from Program committees such as the Utilization Review Committee and the Member Council.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program.
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local county representatives.
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget.
• Ensures that the Program is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements for the Program.
• Assures adherence to Member Rights as determined by corporate policy and governmental regulations.
• Establishes and defines standards and provides training to staff which ensures safe and therapeutically effective care.
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Program which includes frequent collaboration among all departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring Program standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care.
Apply online at https://telecarecorp.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=223851
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency