This position is focused on supporting the HealingSPACE at YWCA Bergen County—the only Sexual Violence Resource Center of its kind in the county. Healing SPACE is a safe and welcoming place for survivors of sexual assault/abuse, their families and friends. Our 24/7 crisis intervention hotline provides free and confidential assistance, and trained advocates provide counseling and medical and legal accompaniments to survivors. HealingSPACE also offers support groups, volunteer training, and educational programs for schools and businesses, as well as sponsors activities to raise community awareness about sexual violence.
The Program Manager, as a member of the senior management team, oversees all operations of the program to achieve its goals and mission and to support the overall mission of the YWCA Bergen County.
? Oversees and supports the implementation of sexual assault prevention and support programs to meet the needs of the community and YWCA priorities.
? Develops written objectives, work plans and performance standards for self and staff, (with assistance from immediate supervisor), to guide the work of healingSPACE
? Ensures that careful records are kept of all services delivered through healingSPACE that client files are accurate and appropriately maintained, and that confidentiality is maintained.
? Oversees training and educational services for staff.
? Responsible for ensuring that the program meets all legal, local and state requirements.
? Helps to ensure that healingSPACE services are coordinated with those of other service providers county-wide.
? Oversees the budget process for healingSPACE, develops forecasts throughout the year, and monitors revenues and expenses partnering with the Finance Department.
? Works collaboratively with the YWCA grant writer to develop funding proposals to raise the funds specified in healingSPACE budget
? Evaluates program by measuring impact and progress toward objectives.
? Prepares statistical and other reports, as required by funders and the YWCA.
? Furnishes and prepares materials for flyers, brochures, news releases, etc. following YWCA procedures in coordination with the Communications department and Clinical Director.
? Provides effective communication up the YWCA management structure regarding issues within healingSPACE, and provides effective communication down to healingSPACE staff about YWCA administrative matters.
Supervision of staff and volunteers
? Recruits, hires, trains and manages performance of healingSPACE staff and volunteers in accordance with guidelines established in the YWCA Personnel Policies and healingSPACE policies.
? Oversees community education, and speaking engagements using staff and volunteers.
? Assigns, supervises and develops staff using one-on-one meetings, regularly scheduled staff meetings, work plans, performance standards and appraisals.
? Plans for the involvement of volunteers in healingSPACE services, and supports the development of effective committees within healingSPACE.
? Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential.
? Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff in accordance and alignment with HR and Leadership defined processes.
? Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to minimize and control the risks.
? Ensures delivery of community education programs.
? Develops and maintains positive relationships with collaborative partners in the community to ensure coordinated service delivery.
? Represents the YWCA and healingSPACE on community task-forces.
? Participates in YWCA senior management team meetings.
? Responsible for representing healingSPACE at YWCA events and meetings.
? Participates on YWCA task forces as necessary.
? Responsible for other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
• 5+ years administrative and supervisory experience.
• 40+ hours of sexual violence training preferred or should be completed within 90 days of hire.
• Bilingual or Multi Lingual is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of sexual violence, trauma, systems of oppression and cultural competency.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply process improvement approach to problem solving.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing environment.
• Ability to create and act with credibility with key leadership and employee populations
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong public speaking skills
• Outreach skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Demonstrate strong commitment to social justice
• Strong technical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on empathy when interacting with people
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong Analytical and Mathematical abilities
• Ability to participate in YW and HealingSPACE events as needed
Physical Requirements: N/A
Travel: Through county program sites.
– Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
– Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
– Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
– Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
– Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
– Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
– Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
– Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
– Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
– Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Additional Comments (If applicable)
The intent of this job description is to describe the central functions of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to the job. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by each incumbent.